Memorial Meat is ON! Mark your calendar for Sunday May 28th 2017.
The Memorial Meat Team is working on finalizing the grillers for this year! If you think you have what it takes, BRING IT!
New folks: If you want to grill let me know – we are always looking for new grillers who want to throw their name in the hat. Grill roundup is the week before (we prefer on site grilling). Under special circumstances, you can grill at home, however setup must be done by 2:30 and meat on the table by 3:30. All voting and meat service starts at 4:00pm.
- Best Bird – if it flies and you can put it on a BBQ your game
- Best Boar – If you have to ask – you don’t know
- BBQ Best Beef – Moooo
- Best Ribs – They are so popular they have their own category!!
- ROF – Rest of the Field (if you don’t directly fit into above or any of the above have less than three competitors you’re rest of field…past examples include shrimp, trout)
- Most Creative – Soo – you think you are special
- Best Stew or Chili
- Best Display
- Best Homemade Sauce
- Exotic – As a base rule, if you can’t find it on a menu, your local meat shop, or something else that makes everyone hmm not sure about that one.
- Best non-meat dish (Side)! Due to the overwhelming success of this new category in 2011 & 2012 we are going to continue it again. This category up’s the ante and recognizes the hard work that goes into the sides, desserts, etc. this year we will be giving a new award to celebrate the “other dishes” that do not participate in the main meat categories above.
As always Kids are 100% welcome. Please note, we won’t have any sitters this year. You are more than welcome to bring your own. Similar to last time, we will also have several activities and games for the kids to enjoy this year. If you have any ideas for the kiddos or would like to volunteer to help with the activities, please let us know.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Memorial Meat Management.